This blog post will focus on some of the really cool points in order to build a massive email list.
Every day I see people’s post on Facebook, tweets on twitter and blogs all over the web, declaring “Email Marketing is dead“. When I do a plain vanilla Google Search then below are the results which I get from the search. Can you imagine, there are 49,50,000 results for this query.
Let’s get into some stats to get to the conclusion that “Is Email Marketing really dead?”
- Worldwide email use is growing at a very healthy rate. In the year 2015, the number of email accounts was 2.6 billion and by the end of the year 2019, there will be 2.9 billion email accounts. About one-third of the world population will be using Emails till the end of 2019.
- According to the stats, email is used by at least 95% of the people who are online consumers.
- 90% of the consumers use email once a day.
- As we all know that email is a formal way of communication and used by corporates as well as business people. If we jump on to statistics then about 90% of the people prefer communicating via emails instead of using Facebook or Twitter.
- Now let me mention the golden point which is
- Email Marketing has been proven to be 40 times better in the new customer acquisition compared to other platforms like Facebook or Twitter.
- It has beaten the conversion rates of social and search platforms. Telling from my personal experience that conversion over email is 4% and on search and social it is 1.54% and 0.62% respectively.
You know, to build a massive email list of prospective buyers is the most difficult task but once you do it, you’ll feel like the king of the world. People are getting results from email marketing, I am getting results.
Don’t worry, I am going to tell you my way of building a massive list on Steroids. You will read many ways online to build a list but this method will be a bonus for you as it has worked for me and I only tell things which have worked or working for me.
1.) LightBox/ Welcome Mats
You must have seen, many website owners are using those not so good looking lightboxes which decrease the opt-in rate. To build a massive email list you need a lightbox which has a high conversion rate.
Let me show you an example of bad email opt-in box:-
The above welcome mat is not attractive and these type of things used to work during earlier days but not now.
The above welcome mat would be having an opt-in rate of 1-2%. Let me show you a highly convertible opt-in form on my blog which is having a conversion rate of 30%.
You will see this multi-step opt-in box when you’ll try to leave my website. That we call as an Exit-intent pop-up. When someone clicks “Yes” then they will get the below page.
The reason why this is highly convertible is because of the design, the timing at which it pops-up, and of course the training. People know the value of that e-book, earlier I used to sell the training online for $300.
This single exit-intent pop up is responsible for generating 3000 leads monthly.
How to Implement this strategy?
Implementing the lightbox and pop-ups is really simple. It hardly takes 10-15 minutes to do the entire setup. Here, I’m putting step by step points for implementing the entire task.
- Decide a freebie which you want to offer to your audience. Make sure that the training you are offering should be valuable. Remember that people’s email is important so they won’t give you unless and until the stuff is worth that effort.
- I use Popup Domination and recommend the same to you. That is one of the most reputable and cool plugin to use.
- Once you install the plugin you can start building lightboxes and build a massive email list on steroids.
Highly Recommended: How to Increase Email Sign-up rate by 800%
2.) Upgraded Content
A lot of people are using this method to build a massive email list. It is also one of the trending methods for building a list fast and easy.
I have used content upgrades a lot and I instantly fell in love with it. The first time I used content upgrades, it resulted in 900 subscribers the very first month.
Let me tell you some of the tips from my personal experience which will help you get awesome results:-
The main idea behind a content upgrade is to offer your audience an upgraded version of the article they have already read. If you are offering the same lead magnet across all your content then that is not a content upgrade. You might be thinking that why I’m using the same lead magnet across all my content as the content upgrade. This is because the content which I normally write is associated with the lead magnet I am providing.
Offer users something very very simple which they can consume in 15-20 minutes. No one wants to have your 300 pages e-book, you’re not writing the next Bestseller novel. People want to have a solution to their problem instantly so don’t think about making a 20-day email series or something like that. This won’t work.
I have mentioned these things in my e-book which is available everywhere on this website. You can subscribe and give it a shot. The things which have worked for my friends and me are the list of resources, a list of some cool plugins.
eg.) Top 5 plugins which every marketer should use, etc.
3.) Leveraging Guest Posting
We all do guest posting but how many people among us take full benefit out of it. What you can do is that when you’re writing a guest post for any other person’s blog then you should include a bonus which will compel the user to download the bonus (acting as the content upgrade).
Readers will only click the bonus link if he/she is happy with the blog written. I have seen this strategy working well for me. I gathered about 500 subscribers only from one guest post, I wrote earlier.
I know that some blog owners will not allow you to post a content upgrade inside the blog article so what you can do is ask them to include the link for some money. Trust me, the amount you’ll get from sending 1-2 promotional offers to that email list will be much more.
I can say that if you implement the above strategies for some time then you’ll gather a massive list which will be there with you for a long time. Stop thinking, Stop Pondering, Stop Strategizing, Stop Debating, Go do it.
What I have seen in people is that they keep on reading, pondering, analyzing but never take ACTION. Things will start changing when the rubber hits the road.
Resource Used >> Popup Domination
Will you take ACTION today? Comment below to show that you are pumped up and excited to implement the strategies.
If you have any other strategy in mind then you can share your views below and help other people.